Able Oaks Alpaca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiber Nutrients

3 posters

Go down

Fiber Nutrients Empty Re: Fiber Nutrients

Post  axine123 Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I never heard of it before. Your information is really important to me as I had some diet related problems and I always remain in search of some good nutritious food.

axine123

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:06 am

Actually, if you have a saw, you can cut the block in half. 1/2 for the boys; 1/2 for the girls. It's a 40 lbs block and will last a loooooooong time.

Another disadvantage of the stillwater loose minerals is that some pacas like to turn their bowls out and eat off the ground. But they won't tip over a mineral block.

Admin
Admin

https://alpacas.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Fiber Nutrients Empty Thank You

Post  monaco Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:49 am

Great. I will get that ordered today. So, just 1 block per pen right? I would think that would be average. I appreciate your quick replies.

monaco

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:43 pm

Yes, they go out just like a salt lick. Although I put my blocks in a special holder, or bowl, to keep them out of the dirt. The pacas not only lick them, but use their teeth to scratch into them. So loose minerals land in the holder for the next animal, rather than in the dirt. You can use a trash can lid, or an old water bowl. Just keep then out of the dirt.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fiber Nutrients Empty Mineral Block

Post  monaco Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:25 pm

So do you just place the blocks out in the pens like you would a salt block for cattle and horses? confused

monaco

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:46 pm

THere all kinds of fiber nutrients. If you mean MINERALS, I used to offer Stillwater miners, which were about $75 for a 25 lb bag. Then I found a mineral bock that Purina makes that is 40 lbs for $14. You can also order the block at any Purina dealer feed store.

I also offer probiotics that are basically brewers yeast. I order that from Useful Llama Products.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fiber Nutrients Empty Fiber Nutrients

Post  monaco Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:17 pm

What brand of Fiber Nutrients do you think is better for the West Texas area? Also, how much should be added for the males, maidens and bred females? Very Happy

monaco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum